Job Title: Senior Accountant
Location: Ngali Energy HQ - Kigali
Job type: Full time
Reports to: Director of Administration and Finance
Ngali Energy Ltd is a Rwandan company specializing in the generation of renewable energy in Rwanda and the continent at large. Currently we are recruiting an enthusiastic and hardworking Senior Accountant who will report to the Director of Administration and Finance with the following responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly financial statements, reports and records by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information and accompanying schedules, worksheets and narratives, including “Budget vs. Actual” variance reports..
- Responsible for general ledger.
- Fixed asset processing and reporting.
- Maintain bank accounts by requesting disbursements.
- Monitor reserve accounts and short-term fund investments.
- Review bank statements.
- Research and reconcile all discrepancies.
- Auditing and verifying documents.
- Following internal controls.
- Completing data backups.
-Financial and profitability analysis on a requested basis.
Minimum Educational Qualifications:
Must have an Accounting degree, a master’s degree is a value addition.
Knowledge of IFRSs /GAAP is a must
ACCA/CPA certification or in the process of completion is a must.
Minimum Previous Experience:
• At least 4 years of experience
• Good Communications Skills.
• Strong Microsoft excel Skills.
• Working knowledge of Quick Books Accounting software is a plus
• Accuracy in daily work and other projects.
• Ability to meet schedules and deadlines.
• Adherence to policies, procedures and instructions of Manager of Financial Reporting.
• Ability to maintain good working relationships with Customers, vendors and other Ngali employees.
• Ability to function as a team player.
• Adherence to professional ethics is a must
• Ability to communicate in English
How to apply
Qualified candidates must submit their CVs, copies of academic certificates with at least 3 references and copies of the national ID to Ngali Energy Offices at Bodifa Mercy House 5th Floor, KG 624 ST, Kimihurura- Gasabo during business hours. Submission deadline is July 22nd, 2016.
*Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Ngali Energy is an equal opportunity employer